I've been toying with the idea for longer than I care to admit!
I want to make a cat genetics simulation game, preferably one on a website, such as Lioden, Herding Dog Farms, Eliyo, Northern Call and others have. As it stands right now, it would revolve around feral cat colonies (very open to player personal interpretation though!) and essentially be in part a cat-sim and a breeding game. So, to see if I can genuinely turn this into a reality, I'm going to be shifting my research into website programming (I have SOME experience with coding - not a whole lot, though) and see what I can do to make this little pocket dream come true.
Ideas for it as currently stands:
- Moggies would be your "basic" cat, with special raffles for purebreds - eventually I would like to research dominance in physical traits (nose, ears, physique, etc.) so that mixed breed offspring may acquire specific features from different parents... like breeding a Maine Coon with a Oriental, etc.
- Mutations such as dwarfism, ojo azules, folded ears, curled ears, taillessness, polydactly(ness) and etc. that can be inherited from purebreds or have a chance of springing up using special items (treating homozygous as lethal as they are, as well - meaning breeding homozygous ojos azules, folded ears, etc. will result in dead kittens - so this game wouldn't really be for kids or the faint of heart, lol)
- Various shades (at least 3 to start) of different coat colours, and various (again, at least 3 to start) versions of a single pattern, ie. mackerel 1, 2 and 3. Would grow over time.
- "Cat food" could either be purchased or cats can try their luck at hunting, which would attribute to a hunting skill
- Stats for a possible explore/encounter feature
- Alternatively, I could go "show cat" route with contests and conformity, but to me, personally, I'd much rather play with moggies and genetics. Still might have a show feature for purebreds. I just don't know! Lol
If anyone has any tips of tricks on website building, please let me know!